Area Environmental Manager required to work for a leading delivery partner on the HS2 programme.
- Minimum of 5 years experience of leading major infrastructure EIAs.
- Experience of working with designers to avoid/reduce environmental effects and develop the design to include mitigation.
Duties to include:
- Day to day contact with Area Design Manager.
- Provides support to the community area technical teams (landscape, ecology etc.) and act as key point of contact in understanding and developing the design (e.g. provide details of options for design development, respond to queries, agree assumptions etc.).
- Liaise with community area technical teams to resolve any community area queries and escalate others to the Environment Manager. Ensure interface between community area technical teams on design development (inc mitigation) and consistency in approach.
- Manage community area technical teams implementation of technical guidance. Identify non-compliance with technical guidance and escalate to Environment Delivery Manager.
- Leads the environmental aspects of the design review of relevant community area at internal (e.g. design walkthroughs) and external (e.g. IDC and IDR) meetings.
- Supports the environmental comparative option analysis of design options, including mitigation and route alignment.
- Responsible for collating and reviewing option analysis reports.
- Provides input to mitigation register, including mitigation opportunities identified through stakeholder engagement and design mitigation implemented into the design.
- Interfaces with other Area Environmental Managers to ensure a consistent approach in design development.
EIA Report Authoring
- Prepares Vol 2 non-technical chapters, e.g. scheme description, alternatives, stakeholder engagement, design development.
- Compiles Vol 2 reports, with input from community area technical teams.
- Manage day-to-day programme on community area assessment/reporting and liaising with the Environmental Planner.
- Manage community area technical team interface with meet programme (e.g. map book preparation).
- Oversees the development of Vol 5 and Maps.
- Supports ongoing stakeholder engagement and attends stakeholder meetings, as required.
- Coordinates and prepares information to support requirements for additional information and response to petitions.
- Identifies resource issues and highlights to the Environment Manager.
- Oversees workload of the Area Environment Assistant
- Attends weekly progress meeting and provides report on community area.
- Provides input to the assumptions, risk register.