This role will support BIM information management, data analysis and all related delivery activities:
- The key interface point with Contractors’ CAD leads
- Subject Matter Expert for review of Contractors’ CAD documents including CAD specific elements of the BIM Execution Plan;
- Enable application of CAD / BIM digital data to achieve internal delivery requirements
Support Information Managers as the point of contact for technical CAD information management activities, including review of detailed CAD technical documentation such as BEP, MIDP and MPDT, ensuring they meet strategic objectives and technical requirements.
- Ensuring CAD processes, standards and procedures are adhered to by the Supply Chain.
- Assisting the project managers and engineers in the management and use of CAD information deliverables and objectives.
- Responsible for raising awareness, education and training of project managers and engineers in CAD process and tools. Advise project managers and engineers on available CAD data products and tools, best practice and how limitations may impact upon their use;
- Identify areas for improvement and feedback into the CAD standards development and operational delivery processes including promoting digital transformation in all areas where efficiency can be gained
- Provide CAD solutions to challenges, streamline processes and support assurance
- Assist with the repurpose of graphical information for output and other functional uses including performing spatial data transformations and translations between CAD and GIS formats and uses such as programme, cost and operation for analysis and simulation
- Assist the wider Technical BIM team with the convergence, integration and evolution of BIM, GIS and asset standards, methods and tools
- Use of BIM/CAD management tools, such as but not limited to ProjectWise, Bentley AeCoSIM or Autodesk Revit for the management and assurance of CAD information;
- Communication skills - including providing responses to technical CAD questions, requests for information; and communicating technical information to non-technical staff
- Stakeholder management skills - including developing relationships through regular CAD delivery meetings, with colleagues especially Project Managers, Engineers and Technical Assurance; and suppliers
- Manage a varied high volume of demands responding to Contractors queries, formal submissions, plus Project Manager and Engineer queries on CAD issues;
- Apply project management and governance principles to delivery, especially in managing dependencies between deliverables often from different Suppliers;
TYPE OF EXPERIENCE
- Experience of CAD/BIM within an engineering or multi-disciplinary project
- Experience of managing technical information in a complex environment