Excellent position available for a permanent Programme Controls Consultant, successful individual will provide business process and systems advise to a range of clients across a range of industry sectors (including construction, transportation defence and utilities)
Successful candidate will have 10 years+ commercial experience, experience with multi-faceted programmes £500 million+ in value along with knowledge of Integrated Baseline Review / Earned Value Management.
Skills & Experience Required
- Must have excellent understanding of cost engineering principles including: estimating, planning and scheduling, earned value management and forensic claims.
- Must have hands-on experience with resource loading and earned value management systems.
- Working knowledge of Oracle Primavera, Deltek Cobra, Ares Prism, Ecosys software desired.
- Must possess a good understanding of the processes deployed on major capital programmes.
- Must possess technical and practical application of estimating, pricing and costing.
- Must have experience with CPM scheduling.
- Must understand the various contract types, i.e., NEC, cost +, T&M, FFP.
Duties to include
- You will act as the programme controls expert on client engagements and defines programme controls business processes, documents systems requirements, performs product configuration and works with a technical team to define requirements for product customisations.
- Plays a key role in the acquisition of new business by providing support to the sales team on major sales engagements providing input on the clients’ business case for investment, understanding the client’s needs and outlining appropriate solutions.
- Work at all levels within the client’s organisation to analyse and understand the current situation and provide consultancy advice and solutions on all aspect of project controls including
- Establishing and/or implementing cost standards for recording, reporting, and analysing performance data. Develops reports for the project team and provide analysis and recommendations for corrective action planning
- Designing and implementing trend, change and risk management processes
- Defining and implementing earned value techniques for evaluating a programme’s health
- Takes the lead in assisting client managers in the development of scope, schedule, budget and estimate to complete data for assigned tasks